The Beulingsloot is a small canal between Singel and Herengracht. It was named after a resident of a nearby building, Gerrit Jansz Beulinck, who lived here around 1660.
‘Sloot’ translates in English to ditch or trench, and the Beulingsloot in its present form is a remnant of an old drainage ditch that previously ran farther west.
Bridge 27 (Beulingsluis) marks the end of the Beulingsloot’s short 50-metre run from the Singel. It joins Herengracht about halfway down its big brother’s journey from the River Amstel, and offers a good view of the Museum het Grachtenhuis and the Bijbels Museum across the water.