|Running along||Eerste Marnixplantsoen|
Located in the northwestern part of Amsterdam’s historic canal ring, Rotterdammerbrug connects the Jordaan with Frederik Hendrikbuurt in the city’s burgeoning Westerpark district.
Spanning the Singelgracht and linking the Nassaukade with Marnixkade and Marnixstraat, Bridge 150 is an integral part of the Eerste Marnixplantsoen¹ recreational area – one of 26 areas along the canal to retain the shape of the original stronghold that once stood here.
Set in an expansive green space, the recreational area now hosts a children’s park, a ball court, granite chess benches and a modern skate pool.
The current Bridge 150 has stood at this location since 1950. However, the original bridge, which was installed in 1880, was purchased from and eventually returned to Rotterdam, as barely any waterborne vessel could pass.
This is the last bridge at the northern end of Nassaukade before the Netherlands’ Staande Mast Route² is reached.
² For more information on the Netherlands’ Standing Mast Route, see Bridge 155.